Microemulsion, Water-Based Ultra-Antiseptic Impregnation for Wood Protection
The product is applied for protection from and removal of mold and wood-staining fungi, weeds and rot on a timber surface that affect its vendibility and, consequently, physical and mechanical properties. It is especially effective in fighting wood-staining fungi varying from grey-blue to black and often called a “blue stain”.
- protection of wet timber when it is dried with fresh air;
- protection of timber during transportation and temporary storage in potential wetting conditions;
- protection of timber during construction outdoors;
- long-term overall protection of timber (construction parts) during construction of closed installations without direct contact with water;
- as an antiseptic pre-paint primer for timberwork;
- protection of plaster, brick and concrete surfaces from mold fungi and weeds.
- has excellent wood penetration properties and is hard to wash off;
- slight smell, low volatility, chemical resistance;
- neither increases hygroscopicity nor compromises wood strength;
- does not change wood color;
- neither forms a film nor affects the grinding, bonding or painting properties of wood;
- low toxicity for homoiothermal animals and humans. After it dries out, duly treated wood is safe for skin;
- high microemulsion stability when stored at 0 to 30?C;
- does not cause corrosion of metal tools, parts or tracery.
The key product advantage which ensures its application prospects and efficiency is a new commodity form – microemulsion (neither emulsion nor solution).
- the product represents microemulsion of insoluble antiseptics;
- owing to extremely small-sized particles, microemulsion looks like a clear solution and easily penetrates into dry wood through capillaries and into wet wood as a result of diffusion;
- using water as an emulsification environment enhances efficiency and fire safety of any protective treatment processes;
- using insoluble fungistats as a microphase allows the product not to wash off a wood surface when damped and provides long-term protective effect;
- the surface-active agent of the product is not a binder and does not form a solid film but improves surface wettability with the compound and provides excellent penetration of antiseptics;
- the composition is free of substances that provoke metal corrosion.
Long-term protection mechanism:
- after impregnation, microemulsion starts gradually deteriorating as a result of drying and concentration, interaction between compound components and wood and partial vaporization of microemulsion stabilizers;
- microemulsion destruction leads to suppression and stabilization of insoluble bioactive agents in wood and allows to form an impervious and wash-proof fungicidal barrier in the surface layers of wood.
Recommendations for use:
- the product is ready to use (no water dilution required);
- store at 0 to 30°C;
- you can choose any method you like to apply the product to wood;
- protect your skin and eyes when using the product. Despite of low irritating effect, wash off any splashes on your skin with water and soap. In the event of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of running water.
Recommendations on wood surface treatment:
- recommended temperature for surface treatment is 10-30°C in dry weather;
- treatment options include sprinkling, brushing and dipping into the composition;
- when the product is applied following a single surface treatment method, the consumption rate is 200-250 ml/ sq m for a rough surface and 100-150 ml/sq m for a planed surface (protection area of 1-2 mm in depth is provided);
- double (or triple) application at short intervals enough for partial absorption without drying-out (wet-on-wet technology) allows to increase impregnation depth and protection efficiency;
- wood humidity before treatment shall be lower than the hydroscopic limit, i.e. a wood surface shall be partially dried (not damp). Treatment of damp or wet wood is less efficient.
- Protective and protective-decorative wood and slate finishing
- antibacterial impregnation
- antiseptic impregnation
- protection of wood components
- water-based protective agent
- buy wood preservative
- water-based impregnation
- antifungal treatment
- treatment with antiseptic
- sawn-timber treatment
- treatment of wood constructions
- protective impregnation for wood
- wood impregnation to avoid decay
- timber impregnation
- timber blocking impregnation
- impregnation for internal works
- prevention and destruction of mold fungi