SP-6 — Old Paint Remover
For quick and high-quality removal of both cold- and hot-setting old paints based on pentaphtol, glyptal, acrylic, epoxy, melamine-formaldehyde and other resins from the ferrous metal surfaces. Removes 3 to 4 layers of old paint per cycle.
- 1. Designation: For quick and high-quality “cold” chemical removal of both cold- and hot-setting old paints based on pentaphtol, glyptal, acrylic, epoxy, melamine-formaldehyde and other resins from the ferrous metal surfaces. Removes 3 to 4 layers of old paint per cycle.
- Apply with a brush (without stumping), a roller or an applicator;
- Once the paint remover is swelled out, wrinkled or softened, remove it along with an old coating;
- Repeat the process if necessary. Do not allow the paint remover to dry;
- Optimal surface temperature is 20±5°С, acceptable range is -10°С to +30°С.
- Guidelines for individual selection of appropriate (optimal) Old Paint Remover grade are available at: Instruction
- Store and transport at –20°С to +30°С in tightly closed containers;
- Thickness of applied paint remover shall be not less than thickness of the coating to be removed;
- Minimum consumption rate of the old paint remover is 1 liter per 3 sq/m (with a 0.33 mm thick layer of the paint remover);
- Cure time (exposition) for old paint removal is 10 minutes to 2 hours (avoid drying out);
- Approximate consumption rate for removal of 3-4 layers of old paint is 1 liter per 2 sq/m (with a 0.5 mm thick layer of the paint remover);
- Use polyethylene film to protect synthetic materials (plastic items, linoleum, rubber, etc.) from the paint remover;
- Removes old domestic and foreign paints from horizontal, vertical and ceiling surfaces;
- Use Turbo-Reactive solvent to remove dried out paint remover;
- Remove softened (swelled out) layer with an applicator or water under high pressure, degrease the surface with solvent if necessary.
- Before painting, degrease the surface with FAS-104 working solution. This technical cleaning and inhibitory agent protects metal from corrosion and prepares it for further painting. In addition, it allows to store metalwork in the open air under shelter for up to 6 months.
- Safety precautions:
- Wear rubber gloves and safety goggles;
- In the event of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with running water;
- In the event of contact with skin, remove with a rag and rinse with water;
- Provide good ventilation in the room.
- Composition: The paint remover is a thixotripic (jellous) liquid containing organic solvents, methylene chloride, SAS, evaporation retardants, thickeners, activators and acetic acid.
- Disposal: Exhausted product shall be disposed as an organic solvent.