Base — Hydrofuge 8 (Hydrophobizator, Ultra-Antiseptic Impregnation Compound)
Base-Hydrofude 8 is designed for hydrofobization of plaster (including terazzite or any other camstone- or concrete-based types). Plaster hydrophobization allows to prevent the growth and spread of biodeterioration (fungus and mold) during the seasonal drops in temperature, steady rains or winter conditions. Once it dries out completely, the hydrophobizated surface may be painted with organic-dissolved paints only.
It is used for hydrofobization, stabilization and protection from biodeterioration of constructive surfaces made of:
- lime plaster;
- terazzite plaster;
- silica brick.
- Apply the compound to a treated surface with a flywheel brush, a roller or a spray diffuser in two layers.
- The optimal temperature of air, compound and treated surface is minimum 0°С, relative air humidity – maximum 80%. In the exceptional cases the compound may be applied in rainy weather or at negative temperature without overflow ice on the surface. Clean new and untreated surfaces from dust and mud with a brush. Remove old unstable paintwork coatings following the mechanical or chemical method (“Old Paint Remover”).
Single treatment consumption rate over:
- lime plaster – minimum 350 ml/sq m;
- terazzite plaster – minimum 350 ml/sq m;
- camstone – minimum 200 ml/sq m;
- silica brick – minimum 300 ml/sq m.
Composition: amino derivatives of fatty acids, mixture of saturated hydrocarbons, acrylic thickeners, antiseptic agents, SAS, organic solvents.
Before painting the surface protected with Base – HYDROFUGE-8, treat it with a professional cleaning composition FAS-101!
Safety precautions: Wear overalls, rubber gloves and safety goggles when using the compound. In the event of contact with skin or eyes rinse thoroughly with running water. The compound is flammable! Keep out of reach of children! Store in tightly closed containers away from fire sources.
Particular features:The special solvent system ensures good wettability and surface flowability along with reliable penetration into the surface porous structure of the material to be protected. Using the advanced antiseptics allows to protect the construction materials from mold fungus and blue fungus. The impregnation reduces water absorption and preserves vapor and gas permeability of the surface. The so-called “wet stone” effect is almost absent! The hydrophobization prevents the growth and spread of biodeterioration (fungus and mold) during the seasonal drops in temperature, steady rains or winter conditions. Once it dries out completely, the hydrophobizated surface may be painted with organic-dissolved paints only.
- Being free of water, the compound can be applied all year round.
- Both dry and damped surfaces may be treated.
- Subsequent treatment steps are allowed either using the “wet-on-wet” technology or after the previous layer of fixing solution has dried out completely.
- The hydrofobization effect appears immediately after drying out.
- Since the non-volatile part of solution is fully non-crystalline, it does not form any salts after it dries out. It allows to prevent the crystals forming and growing inside the pores, and, consequently, hinder the growth of inner subsurface stress during the application of construction materials.
- The impregnation protects the surface from salt efflorescence. No salt bleedings through the treated surface.
- Impregnation compound for stabilization and hydrophobization of construction surfaces
- front waterproofing
- water repellence
- water-repellent impregnation
- face hydrophobization
- for protection from salt efflorescences
- brick protection + from moisture
- building protection from damp
- exclusion of water penetration into brick depth
- application of special agents to the face
- providing water-repellent properties
- impregnation of foam inorganic materials
- reduced wettability
- face is not getting wet
- chemical agents