Base — Gesso Stabilizer-15 (Water-Repellent Ultra-Antiseptic Impregnation Compound)
Base – Gesso Stabilizer-15 is an antiseptic organic-dissolved composition based on the mixture of peeling non-film forming resins, acrylic thickener and saturated hydrocarbons. Owing to a non-polar solvent, it has excellent surface flowability and wettability and penetrates reliably into the surface porous structure of gesso. Using the advanced antiseptics allows to protect construction materials from decomposing mold fungus and blue fungus.
The impregnation reduces water absorption and preserves vapor and gas permeability of the surface. It is applied for stabilization and preservative treatment of gesso and prevention of condensation caused by temperature drops.
It is used for hydrofobization, stabilization and protection from biodeterioration of constructive surfaces made of:
- foamed concrete;
- gas concrete;
- Apply the compound to a treated surface with a flywheel brush, a roller or a spray diffuser in two layers.
- The optimal temperature of air, compound and treated surface is minimum 0°С, relative air humidity – maximum 80%. In the exceptional cases the compound may be applied in rainy weather or at negative temperature without overflow ice on the surface. Clean new and untreated surfaces from dust and mud with a brush. Remove old unstable paintwork coatings following the mechanical or chemical method (“Old Paint Remover”).
Single treatment consumption rate over:
- plaster – minimum 300 ml/sq m;
- foamed concrete – minimum 250-300 ml/sq m;
- gas concrete – minimum 250-300 ml/sq m;
- CBPB – minimum 250-300 ml/sq m.
Composition: amino derivatives of fatty acids, mixture of saturated hydrocarbons, acrylic thickeners, antiseptic agents, SAS, organic solvents.
Treated surface is ready for painting after it dries out.
Safety precautions: Wear overalls, rubber gloves and safety goggles when using the compound. In the event of contact with skin or eyes rinse thoroughly with running water. The compound is flammable! Keep out of reach of children! Store in tightly closed containers away from the fire sources.
Particular features: The special solvent system ensures good wettability and surface flowability along with reliable penetration into the surface porous structure of the material to be protected. Using the advanced antiseptics allows to protect construction materials from mold fungus and blue fungus. The impregnation reduces water absorption and preserves vapor and gas permeability of the surface. The composition is used for stabilization and preservative treatment of the surface and prevention of condensation caused by temperature falls (without reduction of vapor permeability or plaster drying rate). The hydrophobization prevents growth and spread of biodeterioration (fungus and mold) during the seasonal drops in temperature, steady rains or winter conditions.
- Being free of water, the compound can be applied all year round.
- Both dry and damped surfaces may be treated.
- Subsequent treatment steps are allowed either using the “wet-on-wet” technology or after the previous layer of fixing solution has dried out completely.
- The hydrofobization effect appears immediately after drying out.
- Since the non-volatile part of solution is fully non-crystalline, it does not form any salts after it dries out. It allows to prevent the crystals forming and growing inside the pores, and, consequently, hinder the growth of inner subsurface stress during the application of construction materials.
- gesso application
- gesso workroom
- gesso products
- decorative elements for walls or floor
- decoration with fretwork
- gesso protection from moisture
- gesso products of any complexity: columns
- interiors and faces
- artificial gesso
- gesso molding
- molding gesso products
- gesso crafts
- impregnation of gesso
- Impregnation compound for stabilization and hydrophobization of construction surfaces
- gesso figures
- gesso stabilizer