FAS-104 – cleaning and inhibitory agent for pre-paint metal treatment
Special technical cleaning and inhibitory agent is designed to prepare clean and corroded steel surfaces before painting and protect steel parts and structures from atmospheric corrosion for the interoperation storage and transportation period. It allows to degrease, remove dust, decel metal corrosion and improve subsequent paintwork adhesion to a metal surface.
technical cleaning and inhibitory agent for pre-paint treatment of very greasy metal surfaces
Special technical cleaning and inhibitory agent is designed to prepare clean and greasy steel surfaces before painting and protect steel parts and structures from atmospheric corrosion for the interoperation storage and transportation period.
Replacing organic solvents – degreasing agents, it allows to degrease, remove dust, decel metal corrosion and improve subsequent adhesion of paintwork layers to a metal surface.
- Dissolve FAS-104 concentrate with water in the ratio from 1:50 to 1:100 to prepare a working solution;
- Neutral, without acids or alkalis, рН=7;
- Both cleaning and inhibitory effect on corrosion;
- Flushing a treated surface with water is not required;
- The drying time of FAS-104 and white spirit is equal, so application of cleaning and inhibitory compositions does not decel metal treatment.
To prepare a working solution, add warm water (30-35?С) to FAS-104 concentrate gradually, while stirring constantly.
- Application of the working solution can be performed both manually (with a brush, a sponge or a roller) and by spraying or dipping. If there are any thick oil films, dust or soil contaminations, it is recommended to clean the working surface with the working solution using a sponge, a brush or an abrasive cloth.
The consumption rate of working solution is 200 g/sq m max and depends on the working surface condition and the application method.
- Damping shot and sand with working solution during the sandblasting process allows to protect clean highly-active metal from instantaneous corrosion as the finest inhibitor film is formed on the surface. Therefore, it is allowed to paint sandblasted metal not immediately after cleaning, but some days later.
- Working composition can be used as a coolant during lathing and milling operations with ferrous metals.
Optimal treatment temperature is 10?С to 30?С. Allow the surface to dry completely before painting.
Wear overalls and rubber gloves when using the concentrate or working solution. In the event of contact with eyes or skin immediately rinse the damaged areas with running water. The working solution is inflammable and explosive.
4. Comparison of organic solvents and technical cleaning and inhibitory agent for pre-paint treatment of steel surfaces (FAS-104).
Solvents No. 646, white spirit, acetone
|3||Dilution||–||from 1:50 to 1:100|
|4||Volatility||high||same as water|
|5||Price per 1 liter, RUB, min||30||5|
|8||Mucous membrane irritation (nose, throat)||+||–|